Data management and analysis
Date for Application:
DEADLINE for Application:
Duration: 2 weeks
This is an intensive training on basic principles and methods of data processing (i.e. data collection/ entry, cleaning and verification), and statistical data analysis applicable in various fields of study. The emphasis will be on the choice of analytical technique for a particular data set and interpretation of results. There will be hands-on practical training.
- Building Data Management Strategy
- Using STATA and SPSS in Data Management and Analysis
- Using SurveyCTO and CSpro in Data collection entry, Management and Analysis
- Basic Statistical tools for data analysis
- Estimation and Hypothesis testing
- Analysis of Relationships
- Analysis of time series
- Analysis of panel data
- Introduction to Advanced Statistical Techniques
- Basic Computing Training
Practical Exercises in Data Management and Analysis
Participants will undertake a trip to an institution to collect data and apply the techniques learnt in sections A and B.
This training will be useful to individuals interested in learning both the theoretical basis and the
practical basis as well.